The Night Auditor is responsible for the preparation and disposition of all Night Audit work. Responsible for the front desk operation during the overnight shift (Typically 11pm-7am). Primary responsibilities include: registering guests, making reservations, preparing daily reports, balancing transactions, and conducting security walks.
- At least 1 year of progressive experience in a hotel or a related field required.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- College course work in related field helpful.
- Previous supervisory responsibility preferred.
- Must be able to work independently and with minimal supervision.
- Knowledge of Accounting Principles.
- Must be able to problem solve and troubleshoot in order to resolve guest issues that may arise and respond to emergency situations.
- Must be proficient in Windows operating systems, company approved spreadsheets and word processing. :
- Long hours sometimes required.
- Light work – Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly.
- Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses of action quickly and accurately.
- Must work well in stressful, high pressure situations.
- Must be effective in handling problems in the workplace, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must have the ability to assimilate complex information, data, etc. from disparate sources and consider, adjust or modify to meet the constraints of the particular need.
- Must be able to work with and understand financial information and data, and basic arithmetic functions.
- Must be able to work in a self-managed environment.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding and clarifying the concerns and issues raised by co-workers and guests.
- Must maintain composure and objectivity under pressure.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in a friendly, service-oriented manner.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with North Star Lodging Management/Marriottstandards, as required by scheduling which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include wearing the proper uniform and name tag when working (per brand standards).
- Comply at all times with North Star Lodging Management/Marriottstandards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Maintain a friendly and warm demeanor at all times.
- Initiate and complete the End of Day process.
- Run all reports as required for Food and Beverage audit.
- Complete the Night Audit checklist for computer procedures daily.
- Balance the day’s work (i.e., movie revenue, telephone postings, valet laundry, server’s and desk agent’s paperwork, etc.).
- Maintain cashiering responsibilities as per Front Office procedures according to North Star Lodging Management/Marriottstandards.
- Maintain Front Office computer system operation according to North Star Lodging Management/Marriottstandards.
- Fulfill all Front Office functions between the hours of 11:00 p.m. and 7:00 a.m.
- Follow up to ensure periodic checks by the Midnight House Attendant are made of building and guest corridors to ensure all areas are locked and secured (property specific)
- Handle and follow through on all guest requests daily from 11:00 p.m. until 7:00 a.m.
- Follow safety and emergency procedures according to North Star Lodging Management/Marriottstandards.
- Maintain proper record keeping (i.e., log books, etc.) according to North Star Lodging Management/Marriottstandards.
- Be familiar with all Aimbridge Hospitality’s policies and house rules.
- Complete the initial direct bills, daily, and place on the Property Accountant’s desk; Attach all folio/banquet check back-up to the bills.
- Maintain radio contact with other employees during entire shift.
- Have a working knowledge of security procedures.
- Ensure employees are at all times, attentive, friendly, helpful and courteous to all guests, managers and fellow employees.
- Prepare and distribute the Daily Flash Report as needed.
- Transfer the master or house accounts as necessary.
- Distribute work (i.e., revenue printouts, charge and paid folios, vouchers and checks, etc.) as directed by S.O.P.’s.
- Train any new Night Auditors as requested by management.
- Run morning reports according to North Star Lodging Management/Marriott procedures.
- Assign delivery of newspapers daily. Deliver or assign delivery of Express Check-Out’s.
- Follow up to ensure that nightly walk-through includes removal of all room service trays and straightening of pool and Jacuzzi area (property specific)
- Handle items for “Lost and Found” according to the standard.
- Complete any reports as requested by management in a timely manner.
- Complete any miscellaneous duties as required (i.e., resetting Food and Beverage P.O.S. where necessary, distribution of credit “Watch List”, and preparation of daily revenue summary).
- Attend meetings as required by management.
- Perform any other duties as requested by the Guest Services Manager or any other member of management.
|Job Category||Front of House, Guest Services Department, Reports to Assistant General Manager, Reports to Guest Services Supervisors|