The Maintenance Engineer is responsible for assisting with the operation, maintenance, service and repair of equipment as assigned. He/she is also responsible for participating in the preventative maintenance program, handling guest requests and other work orders as assigned. He/she is also responsible for performing the job in a safe and efficient manner and performing trade jobs, such as carpentry, painting, plumbing, etc. May require driving shuttle van when needed (property specific).
- Experience in a hotel or a related field preferred.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Licensed in a trade preferred (plumbing, electrical, HVAC, carpentry, etc.).
- Must have a valid driver’s license for the applicable state.
- Must have an acceptable MVR (Motor Vehicle Driving Record) property specific
- Long hours sometimes required.
- Heavy work – Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 50 pounds of force frequently and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects.
- Ability to stand during entire shift.
- Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly.
- Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses of action quickly and accurately.
- Must work well in stressful, high pressure situations.
- Must be effective in handling problems in the workplace, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must have the ability to assimilate complex information, data, etc. from disparate sources and consider, adjust or modify to meet the constraints of the particular need.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding and clarifying the issues raised by co-workers and guests.
- Must be able to work with and understand financial information and data, and basic arithmetic functions.
- Must be able to work unsupervised.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with North Star Lodging Management/Marriott standards, as required by scheduling which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include wearing the proper uniform and name tag when working (per brand standards).
- Comply at all times with North Star Lodging Management/Marriott standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Follow all hotel and departmental procedures and policies.
- Report emergencies and unusual situations immediately.
- Handle guest room maintenance requests in a timely fashion.
- Demonstrate an attitude of cooperation and helpfulness at all times.
- Assist with the operation, maintenance and repair of equipment.
- Employees must, at all times, be friendly, courteous, and helpful to guests, employees and managers.
- Change out light bulbs; perform preventative maintenance for guest rooms to include: vinyl repair, touch up paint, minor furniture repair, tub caulking, tile repairs, etc.
- Perform preventative maintenance for ice machines, refrigerators, kitchen equipment, laundry equipment, HVAC, guestrooms, meeting rooms, the swimming pool and hot tub.
- Perform plumbing repair, laundry equipment repair, preventative maintenance on all exhaust fans and supply; monitor energy conservation; repair vacuum cleaners and any other small equipment upon request.
- Immediately follow up on any alarms to determine the exact location and cause – determine emergency status and report to the Front Desk with findings.
- Master life safety systems.
- Point out and assist with eliminating safety concerns.
- Assist in maintenance of health code requirements for pool and spa.
- Do periodic property tours of garden and exterior perimeter for debris and trash removal; Check the lighting and irrigation periodically.
- Complete all appropriate Engineering forms.
- Assist with the set up of special meeting needs.
- Complete assigned maintenance request forms daily.
- Use proper two way radio etiquette at all times when communicating with other employees.
- Assist with Housekeeping/guest issues if needed.
- Perform any other duties as requested by management.
|Job Category||Back of House, Engineering Department, Front of House, Reports to Property Engineer|