The Laundry Attendant maintains a constant supply of clean linens for the hotel. Performs all stages of linen processing, including collecting, transporting, sorting, weighing, loading and unloading (washers, dryers and chutes), ironing, folding, storing and delivering. Cleans laundry machinery and laundry area as needed.
- High School diploma or equivalent and/or experience in a hotel or a related field preferred.
- Long hours sometimes required.
- Medium work – Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 20 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Ability to stand during entire shift.
- Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly.
- Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses of action quickly and accurately.
- Must work well in stressful, high pressure situations.
- Must maintain composure and objectivity under pressure.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in a friendly, service-oriented manner.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with North Star Lodging Management/Marriott standards, as required by scheduling which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include wearing the proper uniform and name tag when working (per brand standards).
- Comply at all times with North Star Lodging Management/Marriott standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Employees must, at all times, be friendly, helpful and courteous to guests, managers and fellow employees.
- Understand operation of washing machines and dryers.
- Wash and dry all dirty linens, towels, rags, etc., as directed by management.
- Clean dryer filter daily and maintain all equipment as trained.
- Operate iron as per standard and ensure that it is shut off at the end of day.
- Always practice safe work habits to ensure safety to guests and fellow employees.
- Sweep and mop laundry floors storing all linens off the floor.
- Be familiar with all North Star Lodging Management/Marriott’s policies and house rules.
- Remove and sort dirty linens and towels from laundry carts.
- Deliver requested items to guest rooms
- Clean lobby, restrooms, pool, public space if needed.
- Keep laundry carts clean and free of debris.
- Maintain clean work area.
- Attend meetings as required by management.
- Perform any other duties as requested by management.
|Job Category||Back of House, Housekeeping, Reports to Assistant General Manager, Reports to Housekeeping Supervisor|