The House Attendant is responsible for maintaining the cleanliness of guest corridors, elevators and all assigned areas. Assisting Room Attendants on designated floors. He/she is also responsible for delivering items such as luggage, irons, coffee, etc. to guest rooms.
- High School diploma or equivalent and/or experience in a hotel or a related field preferred.
- Must have a valid driver’s license for the applicable state (property specific).
- Long hours sometimes required.
- Medium work – Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 20 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Ability to stand during entire shift.
- Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly.
- Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses of action quickly and accurately.
- Must work well in stressful, high pressure situations.
- Must maintain composure and objectivity under pressure.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in a friendly, service oriented manner.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with North Star Lodging Management/Marriott standards, as required by scheduling which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include wearing the proper uniform and name tag when working (per brand standards).
- Comply at all times with North Star Lodging Management/Marriott standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Use proper two-way radio etiquette at all times when communicating with other employees.
- Deliver any clean linen, if applicable, to assigned sections.
- Complete special projects as assigned by Housekeeping Manager.
- Pick up any Room Attendant’s dirty linen or trash as needed constantly throughout shift
- Before leaving section, collect all trash from the service landings and take to/dispose in outside trash dumpsters per hotel procedures.
- Vacuum guest corridors as trained and wipe down guest room doors.
- Maintain the stairwells to hotel standards.
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of linen rooms
- Using daily checklist complete projects listed below as assigned.
- Elevator lobbies
- Ice machines/vending machines
- Elevator doors/frames
- Service landing/linen closets
- Stair wells
- Other projects as assigned by management
- Remove all objects (example: room service trays, trash, etc.) from guest hallways to the service area or Housekeeping Office as needed.
- Practice safe work habits to ensure safety to guests, fellow employees and self.
- Handle items for “Lost and Found” according to the hotel standards.
- At the end of the shift, turn in all keys and assignment sheets to the Housekeeping Office.
- Be familiar with North Star Lodging Management/Marriott policies and house rules.
- Employees must at all times be attentive, friendly, helpful and courteous to all guests, managers and other employees.
- Be familiar with correct guest room cleaning procedures to assist with cleaning if needed.
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of Housekeeping Office
- Attend meetings as required by management.
- Have knowledge of life safety systems and procedures.
- Assist with Maintenance duties if required such as light bulbs and plunging toilets.
- Perform any other duties as requested by management.
|Job Category||Back of House, Housekeeping, Reports to Assistant General Manager, Reports to Housekeeping Supervisor|