The Guest Services Supervisor is responsible for assisting the Guest Services Manager while providing attentive, courteous, and efficient service to all guests, prior to arrival and throughout their stay. He/she is also responsible for maximizing room revenue and occupancy.
- At least 2 to 3 years of progressive experience in a hotel or a related field required. High School diploma or equivalent required.
- College course work in related field helpful.
- Previous supervisory responsibility preferred.
- Must have a valid driver’s license for the applicable state.
- Flexible and long hours sometimes required.
- Light work – Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Ability to stand during entire shift.
- Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly.
- Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses of action quickly and accurately.
- Must be able to work well in stressful, high pressure situations, including ability to handle guest objections and disputes to satisfactory results.
- Must be able to show initiative in job performance, including anticipating what needs to be done before it becomes a necessity.
- Must maintain composure and objectivity under pressure.
- Must be effective in handling problems in the workplace, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must have the ability to assimilate complex information, data, etc., from disparate sources and consider, adjust or modify to meet the constraints of the particular need.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying the concerns and issues raised by co-workers and guests.
- Have knowledge of and assist in emergency procedures as required.
- Must be able to work with and understand financial information and data, and basic arithmetic functions.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in a friendly, service oriented manner.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with North Star Lodging Management/Marriott standards, as required by scheduling which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include wearing the proper uniform and name tag when working.
- Comply at all times with North Star Lodging Management/Marriott standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Maintain a friendly and warm demeanor at all times.
- Set the standard for guest relations at the Front Desk.
- Obtain all necessary information when taking room reservations.
- Monitor all V.I.P. and special guest requests.
- Review Front Office log and Trace File daily.
- Fully comprehend and execute all relevant phases of the front desk computer system.
- Ensure logging and delivery of all messages, packages, and mail in a timely and professional manner.
- Be aware of all rates, packages, and promotions currently underway.
- Be familiar with all in-house groups.
- Be aware of all closed out and restricted dates.
- Follow and enforce all North Star Lodging Management/Marriott hotel credit policies.
- Be able to perform all duties of Guest Services Agent.
- Be able to complete and ensure that a proper bucket check, room rate verification report, and housekeeping report have been accurately done and filed.
- Maintain proper operation of the P.B.X. console and ensure that all North Star Lodging Management/Marriott standards are met.
- Establish and maintain good communications and teamwork with fellow employees and other departments within the hotel (set example for other employees, be the team leader).
- Assist the G.S.M. in ensuring that employees are following and maintaining North Star Lodging Management/Marriott standards (i.e., answering phones, call-backs to guests, guest request log).
- Have knowledge of and assist in all emergency procedures as required.
- Oversee and ensure that all guests are checked in/out in a friendly, efficient and courteous manner.
- Be able to perform, complete and ensure that all tasks and duties on the shift checklist are completed in a timely and efficient manner.
- Ensure that employees are, at all times, attentive, friendly, helpful and courteous to all guests, managers and all other employees.
- Ensure the maximization of room revenue through Rooms Merchandising.
- Answer all guest inquiries in a timely and professional nature.
- Be involved in departmental meeting, planning and execution.
- Help maintain productivity levels at or above budgeted standards.
- Respond to all GuestVoice alerts.
- Maintain GuestVoice and educate front desk team on hotels performance.
- Drive hotel van as needed.
- Complete guest shopping list if needed.
- Order, stock and clean market.
- Perform any other duty as required by management.
- Assist in training of new hires and current employees on a regular basis.
- Attend meetings as required by management.
|Job Category||Front of House, Guest Services Department, Reports to Assistant General Manager|