Fairfield by Marriott Pittsburgh New Stanton is seeking motivated and personable applicants for our Front Desk position as a Guest Services Associate.
Guest Service Associates are responsible for greeting and registering the guest, providing outstanding guest service during their stay, and settling the guest’s account upon completion of their stay. Primary responsibilities include: registering guests, making and modifying reservations, maintaining hotel operation standards, performing concierge duties and driving the van. Providing attentive, courteous and efficient service to all guests prior to arrival and throughout their stay, while maximizing room revenue and occupancy should be the primary goal of all associates.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in a friendly, service oriented manner.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include wearing the proper uniform and name tag when working (per brand standards).
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with North Star Lodging Management/Marriott standards, as required by scheduling which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Comply at all times with North Star Lodging Management/Marriott standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Maintain a friendly and warm demeanor at all times.
- Greet and welcome all guests approaching the Front Desk in accordance with North Star Lodging Management/Marriott standards.
- Maintain proper operation of the telephone switchboard.
- Handle requests for information, mail and messages in an efficient and courteous manner.
- Answer guest inquires about hotel service, facilities and hours of operation.
- Answer inquires from guests regarding restaurants, transportation, entertainment, etc.
- Establish and maintain good communications and team work with fellow employees and other departments within the hotel.
- Follow all North Star Lodging Management/Marriott credit policies.
- Be aware of all rates, packages and special promotions; Be familiar with all in house groups; Be aware of closed out and restricted dates.
- Obtain all necessary information when taking room reservations and follow rate quoting scenario.
- Be familiar with all North Star Lodging Management/Marriott policies and house rules as well as hospitality terminology.
- Have knowledge of and assist in emergency procedures as required.
- Handle check-ins and check-outs in a friendly, efficient and courteous manner.
- Fully comprehend and be able to operate all relevant aspects of the Front Desk computer system.
- Employees must at all times be attentive, friendly, helpful and courteous to all guests, managers and all other employees.
- Ensure logging and delivery of packages, mail and messages as needed to guests and meeting rooms.
- Use proper two-way radio etiquette at all times when communicating with other employees.
- Attend meetings as required by management.
- Drive hotel van when needed.
- Complete guest grocery shopping if needed
- Stock and clean market.
- Perform any other duties as requested by management.
- College course work in related field helpful.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Experience in a hotel or a related field preferred.
- Guest Service Agents must possess a positive and upbeat personality with a desire to deliver outstanding customer service to our guests.
- Guest Service Agents must have the ability to multi-task, be detail-oriented, and be able to problem solve in order to effectively deal with internal and external customers.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Flexible and long hours sometimes required.
- Light work – Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Ability to stand during entire shift.
- Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly.
- Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses of action quickly and accurately.
- Must work well in stressful, high pressure situations.
- Must be effective in handling problems in the workplace, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying the issues raised by co-workers and guests.
- Must be able to work with and understand financial information and data, and basic arithmetic functions.
- Must maintain composure and objectivity while under pressure.
|Job Category||Front of House, Guest Services Department, Reports to Assistant General Manager|