A Breakfast Attendant is responsible for preparing all food items, based on standardized recipes for breakfast while maintaining the highest standards to produce an appealing and appetizing product. He/she is also responsible for ensuring the cleanliness, sanitation, and safety in the kitchen and work areas while minimizing waste and maximizing cost/production ratio.
- High School diploma or equivalent and/or experience in a hotel or a related field preferred.
- Food Handlers Certification (must comply with State requirements)
- Long hours sometimes required.
- Medium work – Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 20 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Ability to stand during entire shift.
- Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly.
- Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses of action quickly and accurately.
- Must work well in stressful, high pressure situations.
- Must maintain composure and objectivity under pressure.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in a friendly, service-oriented manner.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with North Star Lodging Management/Marriott standards, as required by scheduling which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include wearing the proper uniform and name tag when working (per brand standards).
- Comply at all times with Star Lodging Management/Marriott standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient operations.
- Comply with certification requirements as applicable to position to include Food Handlers, Safety, etc.
- Maintain a friendly and warm demeanor at all times.
- Have thorough knowledge of menus and the preparation required according to hotel standards.
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of all storage areas.
- Complete necessary food and station preparations prior to opening of breakfast in order to ensure that guests are served promptly and efficiently during breakfast and The Mix operating hours.
- Prepare and display buffet food items according to Star Lodging Management/Marriott standards.
- Prepare all foods following Star Lodging Management/Marriott standard recipes. Preparation of specials will be under the direction of the Manager.
- Breakdown breakfast and kitchen area, storing food and equipment properly at the end of each meal period.
- Assist with daily/weekly/monthly food and beverage inventories.
- Know the location and operation of all fire extinguishing equipment.
- Practice safe work habits at all times to avoid possible injury to self or other employees.
- Be familiar with all hotel policies and house rules.
- Be familiar with hotel’s emergency procedures.
- Use Production Charts as specified by Star Lodging Management/Marriott standards.
- Employees must at all times be attentive, friendly, helpful and courteous to guests, managers and other employees.
- Be able to operate and maintain cleanliness of all kitchen equipment.
- Maintain the “Clean As You Go” policy.
- Assist in storage and rotation of food items according to hotel procedures.
- Sign keys out and back in under supervision as needed.
- Attend meetings as required by management.
- Perform any other duties as requested by management.
|Job Category||Back of House, Culinary Department, Front of House, Reports to Assistant General Manager|