A Complimentary Attendant is responsible for preparing all food items, based on standardized recipes, for breakfast and The Mix (an evening complimentary social for guests), while maintaining the highest standards to produce an appealing and appetizing product. He/she is also responsible for ensuring the cleanliness, sanitation, and safety in the kitchen and work areas while minimizing waste and maximizing cost/production ratio.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in a friendly, service-oriented manner.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with North Star Lodging Management/Marriott standards, as required by scheduling which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include wearing the proper uniform and name tag when working (per brand standards).
- Comply at all times with Star Lodging Management/Marriott standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient operations.
- Comply with certification requirements as applicable to position to include Food Handlers, Safety, etc.
- Maintain a friendly and warm demeanor at all times.
- Have thorough knowledge of menus and the preparation required according to hotel standards.
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of all storage areas.
- Complete necessary food and station preparations prior to opening of breakfast in order to ensure that guests are served promptly and efficiently during breakfast and The Mix operating hours.
- Prepare and display buffet food items according to Star Lodging Management/Marriott standards.
- Prepare all foods following Star Lodging Management/Marriott standard recipes. Preparation of specials will be under the direction of the Manager.
- Breakdown breakfast and kitchen area, storing food and equipment properly at the end of each meal period.
- Assist with daily/weekly/monthly food and beverage inventories.
- Know the location and operation of all fire extinguishing equipment.
- Practice safe work habits at all times to avoid possible injury to self or other employees.
- Be familiar with all hotel policies and house rules.
- Be familiar with hotel’s emergency procedures.
- Use Production Charts as specified by Star Lodging Management/Marriott standards.
- Employees must at all times be attentive, friendly, helpful and courteous to guests, managers and other employees.
- Be able to operate and maintain cleanliness of all kitchen equipment.
- Maintain the “Clean As You Go” policy.
- Assist in storage and rotation of food items according to hotel procedures.
- Sign keys out and back in under supervision as needed.
- Attend meetings as required by management.
- Perform any other duties as requested by management.
- High School diploma or equivalent and/or experience in a hotel or a related field preferred.
- Food Handlers Certification (must comply with State requirements)
- Long hours sometimes required.
- Medium work – Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 20 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Ability to stand during entire shift.
- Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly.
- Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses of action quickly and accurately.
- Must work well in stressful, high pressure situations.
- Must maintain composure and objectivity under pressure.
|Job Category||Back of House, Culinary Department, Front of House, Reports to Assistant General Manager|